Ecological compostable bags
100% sustainability with compostable bags
Biodegradable and compostable bags manufactured from vegetable biomass such as tubers (e.g.: potato or yucca), cereals (mainly corn or wheat) or sugar cane. Water-based ink for personalization with no chemical additives.
Composting is a natural biological process which allows the conversion of organic materials into a product rich in humic compounds in the presence of oxygen. At the end of the organic process, we obtain a quality fertilizer without any toxic waste.
Products manufactured with bio-plastics maintain intact their physical and mechanical properties whilst they are stored in conditions not apt for natural biodegradation.
The manufactured products are biodegradable and compostable in accordance with the European standard EN 13432. To comply with this standard, a ‘compostable‘ material must possess the following characteristics:
- Minimum 90% degradation in 6 months, if subject to an atmosphere rich in carbon dioxide.
- When in contact with organic material, within 3 months the mass of the material should be constituted from a minimum of 90% of fragments inferior to 2mm.
- The material must not have negative effects on the composting process.
- Low concentration of heavy metals in the material
- Within established pH limits
- Within established saline limits
- Concentration of volatile solids within established limits
- Concentration of nitrogen, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium within the established limits.
Coplasem recommends the use of compostable bags over biodegradable ones. For further information on the difference between compostable and biodegradable contact our team. We will be delighted to advise you. We manufacture a wide range of compostable bags. Consult us and we will provide you with a budget without any obligation. ALL OUR COMPOSTABLE BAGS COMPLY WITH THE STANDARD EN 13432 “OK compost”